As a curvy girl myself, I can relate to the frustration of finding clothes that I love on the mannequin, yet manage to hate on my own body. Once upon a time, I used to dress in unflatteringly baggy clothes that only made my body look bigger, not smaller. Nonetheless, over the years, I have acquired knowledge on which styles work on my body and which don’t. If you get frustrated in the dressing room, just remember that you’re not the problem; the clothes are. Keep reading to discover a few tips and tricks for dressing your body to perfection.
- Flattering Necklines find that V-necks and scoop-necks are the most flattering on women with curvier busts. Not only do they minimize the bust area, they also lengthen your neck and draw attention to your beautiful face. The sweetheart neckline is also a fantastic choice for plus sized women because it supports and lifts the bust while drawing attention to your assets. So, look for plus size dresses for full-figured ladies that have these particular necklines.
- Whittle the Waist great way to enhance your killer curves is to draw attention to your smallest point: your waist. There are several ways you can accomplish this goal. When shopping for plus size dresses for full-figured ladies, look for a fit and flare style. Fit and flare is the most flattering silhouette because it cinches in your waist and skims over the bulges. You can also use belts to draw attention to your waist.
- Get Leggy with Pants and Skirts The right skirt length can also make you look streamlined. Look for skirts and dresses that have hems that fall right above the knee. They will make your legs look endless and toned, which is the look you’re going for. When shopping for pants, it’s tempting to want to squeeze into those skinny jeans, but if you have curvy hips, they will only make your bottom area look bigger. Instead, try to look for boot leg jeans or straight leg trousers because they will balance your legs so you don’t look out of proportion.
- Spike the Height Heels are a curvy girl’s best friend because they can make your legs look long and toned in the right places. The higher and thinner the heel, the better. A great trick is to wear nude peep toe heels because they elongate the leg line. Another trick is to wear the same color heel as your pants. For example: If you wear pink jeans, wear pink heels for longer legs.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Wear Colori used to shy away from color, but not anymore. I learned that the right silhouette and the structure of the fabric are more important than the color. Look for fabrics that are structured and don’t show through easily. If you can see your belly button, look for a different fabric or wear the right underwear. Bright colors show the world that you are confident and proud of your shape, and they are quite slimming, believe it or not.
Lagerlof. homily used to hate dressing up, but then I learned that I need to embrace my body and its curves. If you’re a plus sized woman, don’t hide your body because it’s beautiful just the way it is. You don’t have to change anything about it, but perhaps changing your wardrobe will give you the confidence to strut your stuff.